Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Circus Classes

I always liked circuses, since I was a little girl I loved to go and watch them.....not because of the monkeys and other  animals but because I found it amusing to see pretty girls dancing and doing the coolest things I since those days my dreams were always to one day become somewhat like them. When I lived in Venezuela I looked for classes but never found them because the idea of taking circus classes seems a bit crazy. However I when i came to live here in Brazil I found circus classes at the Companhia Atletica. At first I felt uncomfortable about atetending those classes because I thought it was just like juggling and those things. When I went to the classes I saw how the students were learning to do a lot of different jumps that are similar to the ones in cheereleading, flips, and flexibility activities.
This was perfect for me and exactly what I needed when i needed it! Since I was doing cheerleading, circus classes would truly help me because I would be able to practice my jumps, stunts, and flips more. I was amazed at how much talent one of the teachers had at olny the age of 17. He as well as the other teachers had a specific talent that they were willing to share to us so that we can be inspired by their acts. I think that my special talent is my flexibility. Due to my ballet, cheerleading, and other dancing activities my flexibily got very developed and managable so that I can always go back and be even more flexible.
In the future I hope to be even better at what I enjoy duing so much. I practice 2 days a week for an hour and a half and since I started I can see some clear improvement and less fear toward hights, falling, and breaking my bones!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. What's the difference between circus classes and gymnastics or ballet? What are some of the things you learn there that you didn't already know?

    ReplyDelete