Monday, March 15, 2010

Christmas

I cannot believe that Christmas is over and we are barely in march. Its not the fact that I will have to wait more than half a year until its Christmas again……. But I haven’t had a nice, cold, and cozy Christmas since last, last year. My mental image of a perfect Christmas is most likely very different than the perfect Christmas of many Brazilians. I can´t spend Christmas nor new years in the beach getting the perfect tan. Eating fish and ice creams every day instead of indulging on cookies, brownies, and turkey is not something I am used to.

Every Christmas I normally go to Northern Mexico and for new years I go to several places in the US like Las Vegas and Denver for example. I like to see my family members and spend quality time with them doing copious amounts of activities and cooking together. My grandmother as well as my mom, makes the BEST Christmas treats and cuisine. We have a lot of cookies, brownies, cakes, turkey, salads, gravy, and pies. When the weather is cold it makes it much more easier to enjoy these amazing stuff because you don’t end up all sweaty and full yet with your bikini on.


No comments:

Post a Comment