Sunday, March 28, 2010

Listening to Music

I don't get it. I truly don't. Statistics say that we must never listen to music when we are doing homework because we wont be able to concentrate. They even say that your grades will be bad and bla bla bla. The ironic thing here is that at the same time they promote us to listen to classical music while we do our work in order to be better at it. Are we, or are we not able to do more than one thing at a time? Well, I really don’t know the answer to that question but I am still going to listen to my music while I do my homework.


Every time I listen to the type of music that I enjoy the most it relaxes me and it allows me to do my work will less stress. I don’t listen to it word by word it is mostly in the background. My mind is mostly focus on my math homework or my other class’s homework.

I have a playlist with mostly calm songs that I’ve heard many times before so I’m already used to their tone. I don’t only listen to music while I’m working but also when I’m at the gym or outside my house jogging. With time and age music has become more and more involved in my life because I listen to it in various activities that take place during the day. I listen to it while I’m showering, in the car, exercising, studying, dancing, and many other activities.

I don’t know anymore what I would do without music.

1 comment:

  1. I have different playlists for all of these different activities, too. I see how music can be distracting at certain times, but overall I think lots of people would agree with you that it makes most tasks more relaxing or pleasant.

    ReplyDelete